Many might think that Lanzarote is all about wrinkly potatoes with Mojo Sauce. Although this dish shouldn’t be missed while eating out in Lanzarote, there is a wider range of culinary styles to get your mouth watering.
Eating out in Puerto del Carmen
Puerto del carmen has a fantastic selection of bars and restaurants to choose from. There really is something for everyone. Indian. Chinese. Mexican. Spanish or good old fashioned home cooked British food. Here are our top five choices in and around the old town area.
- Emma’s Cantina: Situated in the Old Town of Puerto del Carmen near the picturesque Harbour with easy parking facilities, Emma’s Cantina Mexicana offers a wide selection of Mexican Food including: Fajitas. Quesadillas. Nachos. Enchilladas. The best Chili con Carne and Chili Rojo, plus salads and vegetarian versions of the above, amongst many other tasty dishes.
- Nippon: Offers a classic sushi and sashimi menu. This 1st class restaurant has been going since the late 1990s, with the addition of three Teppanyaki tables, where the food is cooked in front of you. This is a lovely way to interact with the owner Tao, who clearly loves the personal contact with his clients, and learn a little more about Japanese cooking.
- Casa Roja: Located within one of Lanzarote’s most famous Landmarks, Casa Roja (the red house) in Puerto Del Carmens harbour area, brings a fusion of Canarian & Mediterranean cuisine. Since opening under new management, Casa Roja has quietly built up a reputation for its sophisticated food and smart service. Furthermore the harbour side views are fantastic.
- Asia Delicious: Located directly in the centre of the old town area beside the park. This asian restaurant offers a wide variety of cuisine from Chinese, to Cantonese. An average set menu costs around 12 euros per head with reasonably priced wine. The food lives up to its name, delicious and affordable for family groups.
- StarCaf: You didn’t expect us to name our favourite eateries and not mention the Rooftop Entertainment StarCaf!? Our menu is small but bespoke. We offer snacks to fill gaps, not just while watching an outdoor movie at starlight open-air cinema, but all day everyday from 10am.
StarCaf Food & Drinks
Not long ago it was a chore to find a healthy wholesome alternative to the already popular local dishes when eating out in Lanzarote. Nowadays Puerto del Carmen enjoys a diverse range of eateries. You can find everything from vegan to vegetarian food or beefy burgers. There’s a menu for all tastes.
Happy summer 2017 holidays!
Check out our latest movie list for the coming month, visit our Facebook fanpage >> Click Here