It seems hard to believe that we are already in October 2020! The new season is upon us.
Autumn is a fantastic time in Lanzarote. The weather is more comfortable, the strong winds drop to a simple breeze and the sunsets can be some of the best of the entire year..
Sunsets Music Night..
We’ve decided to welcome the new season with a one off music evening this Thursday.
Rooftop Lanzarote is the best location in Puerto del Carmen to enjoy panoramic sunsets. We’re usually beginning our Starlight Cinema evening as the sun dips below the horizon, but we’re pausing the Starlight big screen for one night only on October 8th
No need to book, just come along and join us for drinks and music #ThursdayIsTheNewFriday
Starlight sunset movies will be back on Friday evening with the continuation of ‘Family Fridays’
This week we’re bringing the 80’s Spielberg classic ‘THE GOONIES’ back for a big screen re-visit
HOW TO BOOK a Family Friday Movie? – >> Only Via email << or drop in to visit our ticket office at the Rooftop
The Goonies – Film Facts..
- 1. Director Richard Donner wanted an authentic reaction from the kids when they saw Willie’s ship for the first time, so they didn’t get to see it until it was time to shoot.
- 2. The late John Matuszak, who played Sloth, had been an NFL defensive linesman for the Oakland Raiders until 1981.
- 3. One-eyed Willy’s head was an actual human skull.
- 4. The film, which took five months to produce, was shot entirely in sequence, a rare feat in filmmaking.
- 5. It took five hours of makeup to create Sloth, whose eye was operated by remote control.
- 6. The director and crew slid down the giant water slide after wrapping.
- 7. In the scene when the kids escape the Fratellis and are reunited with their parents on the beach, some of the actors’ real parents were present along with several crew members.
A movie night or an afternoon out is a luxury at the best of times but even more so right now. We’re committed to making sure that a day or night out at Rooftop Lanzarote is affordable. Enjoy resident prices on Crazy Golf in addition to Galaxia 6D rides. PLUS..
Starlight Cinema Resident Prices Continue – 50% Discount – Book Online – Starlight Movie tickets
Rooftop Food & Drinks..
We open daily from 10am until 11pm with food, drinks and entertainment. In addition to that we now offer a daily ‘Happy Hour’!
2 Cocktails for the price of 1 from 3pm – 7pm Every Day..
With single use placemats, social distance signs and much more, we are fully kitted out thanks to the fantastic Colorworks Lanzarote design & print office in Tias Thanks team 🙂
Stay tuned to our Facebook & Instagram accounts to see full Starlight movie lists, food menu updates and more.
Look forward to welcoming you soon..
Thanks to local videographer Charlie Wigmore at Wave Creative – Videography & Photography